Crimson CHOW #46 - FANTASTICAL DESERT LANDS
-Zebra

Nice to see a new name around here let get down to business.

Where is the connecting frame for the structure to support itself and not fall to the ground?(Just making sure this is structurally making sense design follow function.Also it seem your element beam the furthest near the wall is not properly allign in perspective with the other beam is should be... it as to do with you realizing you made those plank to long i hope you fix that.Anyways it very WIP so that just my 2 cent probably unecessary but i always say 2 pair of eye is better then one at that stage...

''One thing for cloth is to remember that you have to have a point of resistance for thing to sag this is why i say where the frame?''

One observation note for fabric that are use to block the sun they are generally not perpendicular to the ground(not horizontal) they are slightly slanted.
Generately with a supporting beam at the center for the most basic tent the middle beam is slightly higher then the height of the supporting beam. If the ''roof'' is acting as an extension of a building there a beam attach to the structure or it put against the structure in that case you get vertical beam higher near the structure and lower toward the outside of the structure in most case but the orientation is often base on the direction of the sun to offer protection during the hottest hour of the day.

Also if you want an advise place your big object fist and then the smaller one this will avoid you alot of problem when it time to adding to the scene and it make it easier to move the smaller object if you feel they would fit better somewhere else compositionally speaking...also if you can separate thing in layers by object at that stage it great because erasing is going to be a pain otherwise but if you don't about clean line right away you can always make a second pass for the line work i just find that doing so sometime take away from the original energy of the sketch so i would rather correct the line art then redraw it.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #46 - FANTASTICAL DESERT LANDS - by darktiste - 08-20-2023, 04:32 PM