Poll: Who drew the greatest fantastical desert dweller?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pubic Enemy
14.29%
1 14.29%
Lege1
0%
0 0%
JosephCow
57.14%
4 57.14%
CBinnsIllustration
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson CHOW #46 - FANTASTICAL DESERT LANDS - FINALS
Personally i see no need for new challenge except this CHOW for now. This chow as everything to attract the most entry which is what make sense if we are to create a stronger community from which we might be able to spawn more specific challenge if crimson dagger is to ever boom again.

Here why it already nearly perfect it doesn't restrict you from exploring other topic it only restrictive in the fact that it require character and illustrative skill.

If i take myself for exemple i don't participate because to me it exploring idea that is challenging and the exiting part of my art journey.I am not a big character guy so the requirement just stop me there it just not something i enjoy also the illustrative part is not something that really get me going. I am the perfect case of someone who chow doesn't appeal to and that fine atleast for me.

This challenge speak to anyone who like illustrative work even concept artist such as me might like it because illustration still as concept art in it.

Character are the main branch of pretty much any artist journey so it make perfect sense that it should stay this way for a while.Maybe if one day we attract more then 8 final entry there would be enough interest to diversify but i don't see this time being any time soon.

If you want those challenge to become more umbrella it gonna be a little bit more complex to judge because now you compare sometime that more inanimate vs something that as composition and alot more fundamental.

You can still attempt chow with your own challenge in mind if you want to challenge a specific topic you have in mind but this one i argue is about really celebrating well rounded artistic expression since it force you to touch a bit of everything or it limit you to character and illustration to the least.It basically a challenge in world building but visually.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #46 - FANTASTICAL DESERT LANDS - FINALS - by darktiste - 08-24-2023, 04:24 PM