Just testing the waters of this community
While I agree that AI companies scraped enough to achieve capable models that can generate most of the things you ask for, I think one of the limitation of AI is that it's fixed in time. It can create only from what has been done before. For now they pobably focused on optimizing what they got and try to put things under control but I think in few years it will start to look outdated because tastes change and it will be tempting to get more fresh data. Hopefully by that time it will be regulated and there will be some protections in place. Maybe Glaze and Nightshade protection will become also more mainstream among digital artists.
For me personally I work in multiple styles and I experiment a lot so it would probably be hard to train a model on my work that would give consistent results :).

As for going pro and then loosing time and energy to share with communities. In studio I am working in, I already have community of fellow co-worker artists and we share our personal work in one of the Slack channels related to art. We also have our Miro board where we gather knowledge and all sorts of image tutorials. I could totally skip forums and other communities if I wanted to.
I guess there is just nostalgia element to forums that haven't left me. Also I find that only doing art for work makes person not experiment as much. I experienced many projects where I put a lot of work into them and the project ended up canceled and together with that I lost opportunity to put that work in my portfolio. This is sad for me but unfortonately to develop I need to put extra hours after work for drawing. For sure it's not as much time when I was beginning to learn and I have other hobbies as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just testing the waters of this community - by Farvus - 01-16-2024, 05:52 AM