Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in!
If i was to study the concept of less is more i would look into speed painting .It the closest thing that as the initial intent of being able to drive you around with less yet still hook you by it boldness, the expressiveness,it storyline etc... it strenght is to force you to use all the fundamental in a minimalic way into something that pack a punch.

Studying how to create the focal point and how to make ''visual check point'' to move the eye accross the composition is also a key to reducing the workload i believe.

I think you could also do some study using a photo bashing approach because it force you to manage noise and to simplify and since light is already present in those picture sometime it force an awareness of light and shadow because photo often have to be adjusted to fit a scene. When you scale something down you loose pixel and that mean you loose detail but still need to make it read.The photo bashing path deal more with how fast can i steal something pre existing and transmute.The speed painting portion deal more with is there more tool i could use outside of those that i use that could give me more?

Obviously the domain where i would say the concept of less is more is best exemplified is busy environment focus painting due to the share quantity of detail you would have to insert in the work if you didn't have trick to ''force the viewer'' to look where you want it to look.

One of the thing i find interesting is when you have to deal with large number of object that repeat in a scene like tree or people how do artist manage to simplify large crowd of people or what trick they have up there sleeve to fill a scene with tree.

The idea is that even if speed painting or environnement aren't your cup of tea they deal with certain problem that still occur outside of those specific art scenario.It just that in those area of ''art'' they are ''force to be creative'' in the less or more departement which can be translate into a skill that can be use anywhere else in other field of visual art.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in! - by darktiste - 03-08-2024, 02:18 PM