Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in!
Damien:  Thanks so much — glad that Kim Howells caricature worked for you.

George:  Thank you!  I love when I hear my work described as 'unique.'  

I think that comes from painting under the loose cross-hatching and scribbles from my original sketches and then I often continue that 'sketchiness' as I paint.  Glad to hear that catches your eye.

Lege:  Thanks so much!  I had so much fun with that wart-hog pic.

Thanks again, fellow Daggers!

-----------------------

So I'm still working through older sketches — and this first one is an ancient pencil from a drawing class I took.

I've wanted to paint it for a long time and finally got around to it this month.

I stuck pretty close to the original concept but reworked the 'crab chassis' — leaning it up and stretching the legs out.

And the original pencil:

This next one is just a goofy, cartoony concept I sketched in 2019 — after I finished the crab pic above this painting happened pretty quickly in comparison.   

A lot has changed since that original sketch back then — ie:  THAT was a common phone size then and it didn't occur to me then if anyone would wonder if 'she' was a 'he' or vice versa back at that time....

Here's some OLD stuff

With this one I was just experimenting with design and lighting and had some 'happy accidents' while painting it that I ended up really liking.

I was starting to feel a little more comfortable with digital painting when I did this one and it was actually a re-work of an older pretty horrible first try.

Thanks fer looking in Daggers — until next time......

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look what the Sonoran wind just blew in! - by Jephyr - 05-30-2024, 11:28 AM