Nice to meet you!
@Josephcow Thank you for your welcome! It's nice if I can share something relatable, although I wish people a simpler experience with doing art than mine!

@Rottenpocket Thank you. I wonder if looking for art communities on forums isn't something thirty something people would do... So I'm not surprised I'm not the only one around that age.

@Darktiste Thank you for your thoughts. When I was a teenager I talked about my projects to an Australian artist I happened to meet and he told me (I barely knew any English then) "don't talk about it just do it".
Even though it's the most important art advice I ever received, I couldn't apply it for a long time and I still need to be careful about talking instead of doing. Here too. 
I agree about privacy. I've experienced that, and I would like to still keep some work private so I ensure I don't fall into the trap of creating only for a demand, instead of setting my own path. 
I except I will always be figuring shit out. But I can have feedback and support and also keep some direction if needed. Too many cooks in the kitchen... is exactly what went wrong with criticism in art school for example. All the teachers just gave contradictory feedback while not seeming to care about what your project was or meant.
Comics are time consuming... but I really like it. I don't want to wait, I need to start making it right away and learn along the way.
I am actually starting to use Clip Studio Paint, for the reasons you mention! I've heard it can save a lot of time, and even if I want to be able to draw without 3D and other shortcuts, if I want to tell the stories I have in mind, I will need to cut on the process.
Blender seems fun as well, I might look into it too.

Messages In This Thread
Nice to meet you! - by Navaali - 07-08-2024, 07:37 AM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by JosephCow - 07-08-2024, 09:56 AM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by RottenPocket - 07-08-2024, 01:45 PM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by darktiste - 07-08-2024, 03:32 PM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by Navaali - 07-09-2024, 06:52 AM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by darktiste - 07-09-2024, 12:40 PM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by Navaali - 07-10-2024, 08:31 AM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by darktiste - 07-10-2024, 02:25 PM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by Lillen - 07-14-2024, 05:09 AM