Nice to meet you!
Well, I'm not beginning right now so I have some fundamentals already. I sometimes do storyboard/base sketchs with stick figures that I then complexify, but I can draw characters in space good enough that it's understandable; I do drawings, digital illustration... that I would say look rather good when I put enough work in it. So I have a little experience drawing comics. A dozen pages as exercices during my studies, but in the last two years when I wanted to get back seriously into it... I only managed to do 5 pages :(
With that I consider myself a beginner, I'm only scratching the surface on how to do a good scenario, story-board, picture and page compositions, drawing of background, inking etc. At the same time I'm not a real beginner. I wish to put the various things I've learned together and actually do something with it.

For studying materials... I own a good number of books that I'd like to actually take advantage of (too often owning the book makes you feel like you're progressing... but I haven't really used it in a meaningful way). I tend to collect books... I'll make a list of the things I study as I prioritize it, I haven't really decided yet.
For manga, I plan on copying some master's pages. I've also found an old book about french comics from the 80's or 90's that seemed pretty solid.
I've done some drawabox, not passed the first lesson... It was very useful for me back then, helped me understand some of my main flaws (lack of ability to plan and execute strokes).
In art school we did a lot of observation drawing, figure drawing, objects...
I watch Saito Naoki's videos on youtube as inspiration.
I plan on using one specific book I bought about inking manga, but I haven't really started.
I'm always curious about study material suggestions, but I feel like I need to identify my priorities and what I need to study first.
I considered signing up for more classes/content, but I'm waiting a little for this. I feel I was given a lot, and need to engage with what I have. Or I might just trick myself into buying/looking at/reading/watching instead of working.

Messages In This Thread
Nice to meet you! - by Navaali - 07-08-2024, 07:37 AM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by JosephCow - 07-08-2024, 09:56 AM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by RottenPocket - 07-08-2024, 01:45 PM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by darktiste - 07-08-2024, 03:32 PM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by Navaali - 07-09-2024, 06:52 AM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by darktiste - 07-09-2024, 12:40 PM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by Navaali - 07-10-2024, 08:31 AM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by darktiste - 07-10-2024, 02:25 PM
RE: Nice to meet you! - by Lillen - 07-14-2024, 05:09 AM