Crimson CHOW#55_Solara Summertime Fairy

I decided to base her wings off of a dragonfly due to how beautiful and complex they are. Good for the main star and to hopefully show off the iridescence. Had fun compiling a simple shader to try and make the colours come through if possible for a paintover.

The bee I used various reference images. Seemed simple enough to hardsurface model for a quick maquette. I'll come back to this girl to add some legs and rig in the future but she was detailed enough for my current purpose.

I was stuck on the flowers for a while. I was unhappy with my simple central geometry and the slow process of manually copying petals around. This was until I decided it was time to actually learn how to use geometry nodes.... Actually had so much fun (if a little bit of suffering) with parametric modelling in blender and wish I had started using it earlier in life.

With all of this I had everything I could do in the time I had to try and solve the drawing. This took alot longer than expected, at first I deviated from my planned sketch but in the end I went back and forth a few times with reference and design till I found something satisfying and which could feel natural.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW#55_Solara Summertime Fairy - by FallingWater - 08-23-2024, 10:10 PM