Crimson CHOW#55_Solara Summertime Fairy
(08-26-2024, 03:56 AM)Lege1 Wrote: Darktiste Very cool 3D work and yes that goes back a year or so prior to me joining in on the forum back in December of 2022. Are you still working in Blender? Do you focus mostly on 3D opposed to drawing and painting in the times?

I still work in blender and i focused on learning how to incorporate blender in my workflow. Now it more about finding the balance of when to use and when not to use it.3D can be a trap if use incorrectly. From experience i had to deal with alot of crash and it kinda suck the soul out of you sometime when you just want thing to get done but you feel like your understanding of the software is getting in the way it certainly can be a steppe learning curve at time.

In the end of 2023 i had some computer issue so some of my project at that time were thrown out the window i also experimented with ai generation you can find some of the Ai generated experiment record in my sketchbook as something that touch on during that time .I spend some of the begin of 2024 restoring my pc file and then once it was restore sometime after i bought a pc from a friend to make sure i would not be stuck without a working pc but that meant i also had to spend time rebuilding on that pc also.

3D as been a focus for a while now but that just because i still had something to learn in the 3d realm now i feel like strong fundamental in sketching is really the key to my success because if the idea suck why model it...

What i do is repetitive in natural(concept art) since it playing around with general visual guideline(visual style) and coming up with interesting design. It not as glamour as a pretty illustration so what i post mostly is the very early and end stage of project because it rather clean and doesn't create confusion because people who look at concept art just have a harder time understanding the direction thing will take because the picture i make are not so much about storytelling but clear function and visual interest. The fact i don't post my reference board kinda make it hard for people to understand the direction i will take and even with a reference board you can mix it so much that it doesn't necessary say alot about where your going next that why in concept art there something call an art bible done by the art director so that the project stay consistent visually. I also design what i consider to be the background noise i am like a support artist in a way. Not everyone want to see rock vegetation or everyday item but it part of the job.

Anyways i hope that answers some question.

My Sketchbook

Perfection is unmeasurable therefor it impossible to reach it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW#55_Solara Summertime Fairy - by darktiste - 08-26-2024, 07:17 AM