my skertchbork
Good idea using 3-D pose models to practice lighting (ref)! I know people recommend 3-D models, but I always get so confused and frustrated at their non-ease of use. It makes me ragequit. Do you just spend time learning the program or just use presets?

I googled 'Look back' and it gave me a theatre show, I guess you mean the anime? It looks super sweet, I don't know if it has a wide release in the UK, but I'll look out when it comes to streaming.

Despite the 'flaws' you've listed as areas you need to work on, you portrait is very consistent and I like the muted palette, the style choice seem very 'spring'. The only critique I'd add is the hair strokes seem 'choppy' if your hair is in layers, you could try and delineate the different shapes within your hair.

Regarding the portrait for your mum, good on your for still completing it, and not letting the spotting of weak elements hold you back! For your next portrait really take your time and focus on the structure of the head, remember cheeks, noses and eyes are 3-D and at a 3/4 face angle there would be projection and your piece lacks depth.
Try and slow down and analyse a study.

Hope that helps and welcome to the Crimson Dagger forum!

Messages In This Thread
my skertchbork - by ruthwood - 10-04-2024, 03:24 PM
RE: my skertchbork - by cgmythology - 10-04-2024, 10:09 PM
RE: my skertchbork - by ruthwood - 10-13-2024, 03:41 AM
RE: my skertchbork - by one_two - 10-08-2024, 04:11 AM
RE: my skertchbork - by Dominicque - 10-15-2024, 04:59 AM
RE: my skertchbork - by ruthwood - 10-15-2024, 11:28 PM