Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Thanks, yeah I'm liking this style of sketching, where the thick line around the silhouette can either enclose kind of wispy shading, or become kind of part of the painting if I decide to render further.
I think I want to do some version of History Painting, like figurative paintings that are of scenes from literature, kind of like William Waterhouse. And I like him the most I think because it is very detailed, but at the same time a little sketchy and has a lot of texture. I want to get into creating compositions like this using imagination, and models. And I have done this this to a certain extent, it's something doable. But i've never like actually completed a whole oil painting like this, so I know if I just start doing it, it will probably be bad at first lol.
I'm trying to get to the point where I feel like I can just do things, and not really have expectations. It sounds simple but every artist knows that as soon as you start doing something, a million doubts creep in. You get hung up on a step, and then you don't get there.
I think I want to do some version of History Painting, like figurative paintings that are of scenes from literature, kind of like William Waterhouse. And I like him the most I think because it is very detailed, but at the same time a little sketchy and has a lot of texture. I want to get into creating compositions like this using imagination, and models. And I have done this this to a certain extent, it's something doable. But i've never like actually completed a whole oil painting like this, so I know if I just start doing it, it will probably be bad at first lol.
I'm trying to get to the point where I feel like I can just do things, and not really have expectations. It sounds simple but every artist knows that as soon as you start doing something, a million doubts creep in. You get hung up on a step, and then you don't get there.





