NSFW-mermaid nudity-Seeking some advice and critiques
this is looking really good mate, I personally disagree that the blur takes away from it as I think it makes the portrait less static and aids the focus, though it is a matter of taste I suppose. I would recommend going half way with it, fit the scales and texture from the head into the top half of the body a bit more, and perhaps less evenly positioned teeth as the fish have them a bit jumbled around. I would also say to make the eye a bit more of a foucus point by getting a darker iris and brighter reflection, and perhaps slightly darkened/red surrounding flesh? I would also say that it is looking a bit monotonous colour wise, and though I know that deep sea would be, I would say you could work some dark blueish greens in there and perhaps get away with some deep purple hints with the secondary light source. The biggest forefront bubble looks a little awkward with how it interacts with lighting with the mer...witch? heh not quite a maid! The one by the shoulder looks almost like an extension of her arm at a first glance, so perhaps push it to the left a tad?
Apart from that, its looking great, you are a far better artist than I am so I guess im just commenting on what I would do if I had the ability! Keep it up :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking some advice and critiques - by Myriam - 02-16-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: Seeking some advice and critiques - by Wardy - 02-17-2013, 03:58 AM