Le sketchbook
aks9, natori, thank you for the comments!

aks9, yeah I'm trying to work for at least 12 hours, even if I'm, as expected, not working at 100% all of the time. But I'm not playing any video games or watching movies so I'm not wasting time. Crits and paintovers are always welcome, since this is a sketchbook, but I won't be updating old work anymore, especially if it's 'finished'. I'd rather repaint it from scratch so if you have crits, I will take them into consideration for future work. Half of these painting I won't even post on dA. because they are a bit weak so it's useless to polish them when the foundation doesn't work. I'll just repaint them from scratch.

I guess It's time to update the sketchbook.

Last month I designed/redesigned 7 characters for a personal project. Three of the illustrations in my first post are the older versions. I redesigned them because I just wasn't entirely happy with them, the reasons being 1) the designs weren't as solid as I wanted them and 2) the illustrations are a bit stiff. I rendered them well I think, but I wish I made more dynamic poses and compositions. So I went back to the drawing board and this time focused on the design only. Here's a sneak peak of the designs for all 7 and the heads of 2 of them. I did the heads for all of them, but no need to spam it all. I will make at least 3 full illustrations with backgrounds (applibot/wizards style) and the rest will be only the character on a white background. They are intended for my portfolio, so I won't rush them this time.

Next is my latest finished illustration, that has nothing to do with these characters. It's very personal. I'll also show you the initial comp/colors sketch and the background without the character. They had to be done separately, because the background was a bit more complex than usual due to all the reflections.

I think that's it for now, I will keep the rest for future posts xD

Messages In This Thread
Le sketchbook - by Petyo - 04-05-2013, 08:15 AM
RE: Le sketchbook - by CoreyH - 04-05-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: Le sketchbook - by DomSinkevic - 04-05-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Le sketchbook - by Petyo - 04-06-2013, 04:48 AM
RE: Le sketchbook - by aks9 - 06-01-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: Le sketchbook - by natori - 06-02-2013, 07:25 AM
RE: Le sketchbook - by Petyo - 06-02-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: Le sketchbook - by aks9 - 06-09-2013, 06:54 PM