Typhon prerblerms
Careful with the tomb pillar on the right. Because you've now brought tree branches in front of it it looks like it is behind that tree , but then its value and base read as if they are are in front of the tree. I'd also say to be mindful about over detailing areas that don't need it, the sky now pulls more attention because it has more information in it. You're pretty much on the edge of going too far I think, so make sure any further detail is kept to the focal points.. The thing that strikes me about this composition now is that everything is happening in the midground and it feels quite cluttered overall. Also that large pillar is making a strong V shape that distinctly splits the composition in a bad way. Maybe you actually should push that large tomb back further or use atmospheric fog to "mend the gap" ...or even remove it and replace it with background shots of more gravestones or the rest of the cemetary...a field of more zombies etc...

Speaking of focal points, the environment and narrative is cool, but I think the thing that will really make this piece sing is how you treat the priest. At the moment, he is kinda just stood there fairly statically, and his arms aren't really indicative of whether he is beckoning or casting a spell or what. He could be holding a large invisible plank of wood in his arms. I'd suggest fixing the comp first, but really focus your efforts on giving the priest a more impressive presence. I recommend acting his role out and taking photos for ref. Oh and ref the hands too.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Typhon prerblerms - by Typhon - 06-10-2013, 08:25 AM
RE: Typhon prerblerms - by Tristan Berndt - 06-10-2013, 08:54 AM
RE: Typhon prerblerms - by Typhon - 06-10-2013, 10:54 AM
RE: Typhon prerblerms - by Tristan Berndt - 06-10-2013, 08:04 PM
RE: Typhon prerblerms - by Amit Dutta - 06-10-2013, 06:21 PM
RE: Typhon prerblerms - by Typhon - 06-11-2013, 08:39 AM
RE: Typhon prerblerms - by Tristan Berndt - 06-11-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: Typhon prerblerms - by Amit Dutta - 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: Typhon prerblerms - by Typhon - 06-11-2013, 12:49 PM