Serenity screencap study
Eduardo- Ah, thank you so much. I tend to struggle with the whole idea of values and colors without just doing a greyscale painting and then painting over it with an overlay layer. But yes, I see what you mean and I could definitely fix that. Thanks again!

Mike- Okay, woooow. Thanks so much for dedicating an hour on my crappy painting. I'll admit I did rush this painting, I tend to paint/draw fast a lot, so I didn't think of having to spend more than an hour on a study like this, but that's probably something I should work on doing. I appreciate you showing me your step-by-step of how you pick colors, I'll play around with colors more now. I started another study, but it's not finished yet so I'll be sure to finish it and post it here once my busy weekend stops being so busy. But it's a different screencap this time, since I thought I would do a different after watching you do the one from Serenity. And then this week I'll do a still life! And finally, though this may be somewhat embarrassing, I already own Color and Light, along with James Gurney's other art instruction book. :X But I haven't utilized it as much as I could have, and will be sure to study it more. I somewhat forgot I even had it.

But yeah, thanks again. I'll make a follow-up post in the next day or so.

Messages In This Thread
Serenity screencap study - by ZombieChinchilla - 07-19-2013, 06:13 AM
RE: Serenity screencap study - by EduardoGaray - 07-19-2013, 07:19 AM
RE: Serenity screencap study - by Mike086 - 07-20-2013, 06:53 AM
RE: Serenity screencap study - by ZombieChinchilla - 07-21-2013, 09:20 AM