anime painting requires critique
Hey showntian,

I did a quick paintover of your image to better illustrate my ideas for your piece.

First of I added some atmospheric perspective this will reduce the contrast on the background and give the illusion of depth. It also makes your character more of a focal point.

Second thing was to reduce the saturation of the background and increase it a little on the character. Again this will draw the eye to the focal point.

Third was to change the light source on the main character. you have a strong rim light that seemed to come from directly behind yet we cant see the source. It was a little inconsistent in places also. I tried to use the direction that you had hinted at on the legs. This could be a spot light from above showing the importance of the fight about to take place.

The last thing was to adjust the background character making him/her face the action. Having him face of the page dosnt serve the painting very well. We tend to look where other people are looking and if he/she looks at the action we will to.

Oh last last thing :) making the ground a little more broken up with rocks.

Over all I think its going to be a great piece, my main point would be the contrast. Make the character more of the focal point with colour and value tricks. I hope this helps :)

Cheers
Adam

[Image: showntian.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
anime painting requires critique - by showntian - 09-30-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: anime painting requires critique - by MannUp - 10-01-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: anime painting requires critique - by Jaik - 10-01-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: anime painting requires critique - by adam-brown - 10-01-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: anime painting requires critique - by Madzia - 10-02-2013, 04:32 AM