Aquarius (Zodiac)
Hey man, first off great work and a great idea. I like the fresh take on zodiac based titans.
I think the comp can be made better. It seems like a lot of that bottom third is not necessary. I know you want the creature to be the focus but perhaps using the dude on rock as secondary focal point rather than squished in the corner might help. I think the highs are blown out in the clouds on the creature, so watch that you want the focus on the face. Also play with the amount of cloud cover in areas so it's not quite so heavy over the back maybe?

I did a quick and dirty PO. Did most of the above except the clouds. I played with the idea of having the tentacles wrap around into the foreground to add depth. Gotta be careful with tentacles in cloud, you should map out the folds and coils (I didn't) so they make sense or it can be a bit too random. The idea of symbols and gatekeeper made me think of using the guy as narrative, maybe he's casting a spell in the shape of the sign to summon the creature? Too cliche? Dunno. Oh also removed the rainbow as I thought it was a pixiefairydust tentacle at first, used the all powerful birds as scale...but vegetation and rock texture could do that just as well.

Just ideas for you to play with more than crits because you're doing well.

Hope that helps

*EDIT : I think I made the comp too squished so I redid it by adding some depth between the foreground and mid rock. I got rid of the stupid foretentacle. haha. You could even extend the canvas up a bit? I left the old one in there so you could see what I did.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Aquarius (Zodiac) - by Lhune - 10-09-2013, 09:22 AM
RE: Aquarius (Zodiac) - by Rognoll - 10-09-2013, 10:59 AM
RE: Aquarius (Zodiac) - by Amit Dutta - 10-09-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: Aquarius (Zodiac) - by Lhune - 10-10-2013, 05:26 AM
RE: Aquarius (Zodiac) - by Amit Dutta - 10-10-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: Aquarius (Zodiac) - by Lhune - 10-10-2013, 05:38 PM