Nick Cato Portfolio
Heya had a look. Generally it is well presented, Carbonmade does get to the point which is nice.

About the work, there are some odd proportions to your anatomy. You tend to put the knees too low on some of your characters. Examples are the first one (this may just be attributed to incorrect foreshortening) and the gun pirate guy. Small looking lower limbs!
The 6 pack guy, ironically has one set too many abdominal muscles.
The space lady, is holding a helmet that wouldn't fit her space chihuahua and her hand is tiny. I think you do have a bit of trouble with foreshortening.
I think the poses are a little stiff and could definitely be improved with more focus on gesture.

I like the general rendering style, colours and presentation, though feel you could probably pay more attention to volume as it wraps around forms. Things look a bit cutout in areas especially where they approach the edges of forms.

Does the sketches area really need to be separate? Could be part of the concept area. They are all characters. Just because they aren't polished as much doesn't mean they aren't done or valid concepts. Just something to think about.

I really like that face in the personal pieces section. It's your best piece in my opinion, but it feels a little lonely sitting there on it's own.

Also, is there any way of adding a header or menu link or sidebar with your contact details that show all the time. Just to be absolutely blatant about it. i know it's easy enough to click on about me, but it's a whole lot easier to have your contact not even a click away.
Hope that helps

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Nick Cato Portfolio - by futurespaceghost - 02-21-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: Nick Cato Portfolio - by Jonas Jerde - 02-21-2014, 05:30 AM
RE: Nick Cato Portfolio - by Amit Dutta - 02-21-2014, 10:40 AM
RE: Nick Cato Portfolio - by futurespaceghost - 02-21-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: Nick Cato Portfolio - by Amit Dutta - 02-21-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Nick Cato Portfolio - by Jonas Jerde - 02-21-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Nick Cato Portfolio - by Amit Dutta - 02-21-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: Nick Cato Portfolio - by Jonas Jerde - 02-21-2014, 06:48 PM
RE: Nick Cato Portfolio - by Amit Dutta - 02-21-2014, 08:55 PM