Help much appreciated !
What you might need to ask yourself is what feeling you a re trying to give the viewer. Emptiness void? then I'd suggest moving the "camera" away from the boat. you wanna show how big the boat is? try making the camera go from under the boat, like a frogs prespective thing so you can convey the great bigness of the boat.

Just looked at your references and something that you might want to notice is that all fo tehm ahs something to compare the boats size to, like the polar bear or the human, even teh grafitti on the boat suggests something about the size of it, and most of the pictures where from a "kind of under the boat" view.

as this picture is now, I just see Emptiness, I get a minor feeling of the boat moving upwards, as if its surfacing after having been stuck under the ice, that could be interesting, but maybe not what youa re looking for.

I think the cure for this drawing would be something to compare the size of the boat to, like a person or an animal or anything else we already "know" the size of, so we can compare it.

And also a little bit more thought on your composition choices, your drawing is beautifully rendered, but it doesn't really lead my eyes as well as the other pictures.

try looking at composition tutorials, like at Ctrl Paint, that might help you : )

good luck

Messages In This Thread
Help much appreciated ! - by Fincks - 03-03-2014, 03:11 AM
RE: Help much appreciated ! - by pandaladie - 03-03-2014, 05:41 AM
RE: Help much appreciated ! - by Adam Lina - 03-03-2014, 05:56 AM
RE: Help much appreciated ! - by Fincks - 03-03-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Help much appreciated ! - by pandaladie - 03-03-2014, 10:59 AM
RE: Help much appreciated ! - by Fincks - 03-10-2014, 05:59 AM