Sending low res preview to the client
I add a bar to the bottom of the image, with the name of the project, my name, and something along "low quality file for approval purposes. Not for print". It's similar to the footer you see a some of the concept art plates around the web, I just don't overlay it on the image.

Usually, dropping the file from 300 to 72 DPI is enough to keeping it from being printed with quality. If that is not small enough, I go for a 1400 pixels on the maximum width. You can see lots of details, but not big prints from it.

Back on the studio I worked on, we used to do something similar, but they added white borders around the image too, to standardize the low-res file send to clients. They are always screen-friendly.

I never had problems, but the studio had some. Not about people not paying, but about people printing the low quality images. It happened more than once while I was working there, so the obvious NOT FOR PRINT message kind of helped drive that away.

Messages In This Thread
Sending low res preview to the client - by Arden. - 04-14-2014, 03:15 AM
RE: Sending low res preview to the client - by Ursula Dorada - 04-16-2014, 03:52 AM