More convincing render
dartiste is right, the shiniest part on your mech is blending into the white bg. I can't actually see the top of its skull, my mind's eye made it up using the end of the curves on the front and the back of the skull. So I added a black and white gradient to the bg, making a guess for the skull shape. Even if it's clear in your hi res version, keep in mind your clients often won't see the hi res version until near the end, or they might only look at the thumbnail version when seeing your portfolio site. If it isn't intriguing enough in that state, they might not even click on it. Unless you're working in-house and showing big, hi res images to your client/art director/boss/etc directly, best to make sure the thumbnails (your front line) already carries the essential message and impact. Then when they're lured in by that, you can wow them with the details.

I also dimmed some of your pink lights, to redirect emphasis to the eye lights (assuming that's the focus), and creating layers of attention in the lights.

Also added some dark and pure black areas on your metal parts to reinforce some of the hard edges. Even matt metal have strong contrasts along the edges where faces meet at different angle. Added dark areas around the eye lights to make it jump more.

Lastly you seemed to copied the arms, but did not change the perspective, so the far away arm looks like it's twisting inwards toward the camera, and it also screams C+V, so I mucked around with it to pretend it's more like the perspective it should have.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files Image(s)

Focus.

Messages In This Thread
More convincing render - by tedmx - 07-31-2014, 05:42 PM
RE: More convincing render - by darktiste - 07-31-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: More convincing render - by meat - 07-31-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: More convincing render - by tedmx - 07-31-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: More convincing render - by JonHop - 07-31-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: More convincing render - by meat - 08-01-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: More convincing render - by tedmx - 08-01-2014, 03:48 AM
RE: More convincing render - by meat - 08-01-2014, 04:58 AM