Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward!
@Sam: Thanks!! Backgrounds are like my nemesis, I want to be able to draw them, but the fear is great. But there's no other solution we need keep on going. Working to get rid of my perfectionism though finally gives me the courage to tackle those subjects and makes me lose my fear.

I'm testing new strategies to manage my free time and productivity. I felt it was slightly better, yet I didn't get much done. Wth. At least I managed to work on some of the stuff which was on my list this week.

Hand studies and application

[Image: kw45_02_by_cyprinusfox-d85h563.jpg]

Some faces, from photos and from Urasawa

[Image: kw45_01_by_cyprinusfox-d85h56e.jpg]

Feet in shoes

[Image: kw45_03_by_cyprinusfox-d85h56v.jpg]

Went minimalist at life drawing yesterday and only brought a little pad and some ballpoint pens

[Image: lifedrawing_25_by_cyprinusfox-d85h56n.jpg]

Wanted to draw a guy sitting on a bench; failed miserably, figured I need to start with the basics of the basics. So I did those construction things here...

[Image: kw45_05_by_cyprinusfox-d85h56s.jpg]

Then I wanted to do some background studies in gouache, inspired by Kazuo Oga. Only to discover that my gouache colours are mostly dried out and pretty much useless. Next time I'll have to use my acrylics I guess. Also how the hell do you use pastose paints. Using watercolours is so much easier for me...

[Image: kw45_07_by_cyprinusfox-d85h56i.jpg]

I'd really like to participate in this weeks CHOW and made these sketches. The first seemed to much human to me, and when I heard "his giant limbs propelling him trought the forest" I somehow thought of a gorilla. So I tried the head design with a gorillas posture....but I don't like it. Gotta explore this a bit more hopefully soon and in time for the challenge.

[Image: sketch_chow06_02_by_cyprinusfox-d85h574.jpg]

And some stuff from imagination

[Image: kw45_04_personal_by_cyprinusfox-d85h59q.jpg]

[Image: kw45_06_personal_by_cyprinusfox-d85h59x.jpg]

[Image: kw45_08_personal_by_cyprinusfox-d85h59u.jpg]

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sketchbook & Progess Log - The journey is the reward! - by Cyprinus - 11-07-2014, 04:03 AM