Patience?
Well those names I mentioned are more about the philosophy of mindfullness, zen, buddhism, authentic living etc. One I forgot to mention who isn't really focused on these, but definitely has adopted their world view and is amazing, is Joseph Campbell. There is the 'power of myth' which was an interview series with Bill Moyers and 'the hero's journey' which are both amazing and really blew me away: how human mythologies and cultural identities shape our understanding of the nature of life. The Youtube playlist I watched unfortunately doesn't seem to be around anymore, but hunt around and I'm sure you will find something. Go for the longer videos I guess. I highly recommend his talks!

All have different approaches but the general message is very similar: In other words how to see past the conditioned crap that we are all subjected to and take for granted/don't question because that is the way of modern non spiritual mainstream teaching.

In terms of meditation I would recommend finding the nearest Buddhist Shambhala centre to where you live and going to a free introductory meditation session that they all should run quite regularly. That is where I started. All you need really is a few "techniques" to get started and then a bit of dedication in getting it into your daily approach. After you see the benefits (almost immediately) it is just a matter of maintaining.

I too am very keen on teaching/mentoring and hope to go that path as well. There a ton of pros nowadays teaching technique but I haven't heard any of them look at it as a holistic general approach to life as well which in my opinion is almost more important especially for new starters who are very self critical, fearful and stressed. It is an admirable goal that you wish to do that as well. Don't worry about how far along you are compared to others or even for yourself. It takes as long as it takes, but I think finding a balanced approach is more important to save the anguish and grind that comes along with the territory. :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Patience? - by Tan-Sau - 01-18-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Patience? - by Amit Dutta - 01-18-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Patience? - by Jeanneillustrates - 01-19-2015, 01:51 PM
RE: Patience? - by Amit Dutta - 01-19-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: Patience? - by Jeanneillustrates - 01-20-2015, 02:11 AM
RE: Patience? - by Amit Dutta - 01-20-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: Patience? - by Adam Lina - 01-21-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Patience? - by Jeanneillustrates - 01-21-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Patience? - by Minksy - 01-23-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Patience? - by Tan-Sau - 01-24-2015, 10:01 AM