The Crimson Daggers grand manor
You know what else this remind me of? The university from The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss. It's a huge, presitigious academy where everyone from all over comes to learn and study the system of magic in the book. The series has some of the best world building I've seen and I recommend it if you like it.

One part I'm thinking of is the library. The one in TNotW is huge, with almost every book ever written, some hundreds or thousands of years old. The protagonist describes it like a small city, with the aisles being like streets or neighborhoods. Some of the student work there, and when you need a certain book you have to ask for them to get it, which can sometimes take hours.

I'm thinking of something similar here. The CD manor has a huge library with thousands of books of reference, and there are people there who help you check the books out. They're mysterious people, with their faces covered, and they never speak. The library is always open and the keepers never seem to leave or sleep. You can try to find what you're looking for without them, but it's very hard. Some aren't trustworthy, though, and have purposely set people on the wrong path. It's also very easy to get lost, so it's recommended you go to the library in groups or pairs. There are rumors of some people who have gotten so lost that they've begun living in the library.

I may do some quick sketches of the keepers tomorrow.

Messages In This Thread
The Crimson Daggers grand manor - by crackedskull - 06-28-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: The Crimson Daggers grand manor - by smrr - 06-28-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: The Crimson Daggers grand manor - by DK - 06-29-2015, 01:16 AM
RE: The Crimson Daggers grand manor - by smrr - 06-29-2015, 12:43 PM
RE: The Crimson Daggers grand manor - by ZombieChinchilla - 06-30-2015, 12:44 PM