Learning to draw to become an illustrator
All I will say is, if your method is working stick with it. I'm also a keen believer in the method of deliberate practice, instead of diversifying yourself. Oh and I do agree with one statement VoodoMama present, which is longer studies, like you leave one study where you do in consecutive days, that it takes to complete it.

But yeah, if your learning method is working, there is no need to change it, unless you head a roadblock. There is no need to switch how to do something, if it's working for you. And if I recall correctly that's the way atelier method works as well. They drill the fundamentals in you, after few years, its up to you what you with those skills you earned.

Since we're both learning from the same source, I'm kind of curious do you do gesture drawings as well, or mainly focusing on anatomy? Keep at it, and continue growing buddy.

While you're at it, enjoy the journey of practice, something I learned from this blog learning-to-see.co.uk/van-dyck, maybe you might find it helpful for further info investigation during off-time. Lastly, if you want, we could also start some sort of accountability going on, if of course you're up for it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Learning to draw to become an illustrator - by Zearthus - 08-03-2015, 12:36 PM