how to study digital painting?
Honestly the best way to figure out how to paint, is to just play with the paint. All 3 mediums - acrylics, oils and watercolours work differently. You can mimic the effects of both oil and watercolours using acrylics mixed with mediums, but you still need to understand paint layering, working from light to dark (watercolours) or dark to light and how glazing works etc.
I'd recommend having a search on youtube for some basic painting tutorials and having a play with the paint, try some basic shapes or something.
You can apply pretty much all the techniques you learn traditionally with the digital medium and layers. I still find digital painting much more difficult because of that disconnect between the tablet and the screen, I prefer working traditionally because I have a much greater control over a paintbrush than I do the digital brushes, but if you can understand the theory behind traditional and shift it to digital I think it'll help.

Also, check out Sycra - this playlist and the one about colour https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...WqScFTRhtv

Messages In This Thread
how to study digital painting? - by felipemalini - 08-19-2015, 08:55 AM
RE: how to study digital painting? - by Adam Lina - 08-22-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: how to study digital painting? - by Punk-A-Cat - 08-24-2015, 08:00 AM
RE: how to study digital painting? - by Adam Lina - 08-24-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: how to study digital painting? - by Olooriel - 08-29-2015, 02:07 AM