"If you're not drawing 24/7, you aren't working hard enough"
I agree with Amit on this one. Don't cut down on sleep. Give your brain the time it needs to process and organize information. 
Another problem I see is that a lot of us try to get good at one thing at a time as quickly as possible, while in my experience it's much more efficient to learn several things alongside eachother. If you spend 4 years playing piano, 4 years drawing and 4 years working out you will not get anywhere near as good a result as you will if you divide your energy for 12 years. I think this also has something to do with the fact that our brain needs time to process things. If you try to change one aspect of your mind at too fast a pace your brain just won't be able to keep up, and you'll waste a lot of energy. The drawback to doing things slowly is that you won't get too good at anything immediately, which can be frustrating, since we are used to being given instant gratification in other aspects of our lives.

Now, you might think that there's someone out there who only draws for 12 years, and that that person will be better than you. I'm not even sure if that is the case to be honest. You benefit a lot from learning to be versitile. It changes the way you look at problems and helps you come up with better sollutions more quickly, so leading a ballanced life and not obsessing over any one thing too much may not just be the most healthy, but also the most efficient way of living.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "If you're not drawing 24/7, you aren't working hard enough" - by Lodratio - 11-07-2015, 09:47 PM