Lost on heads
(11-23-2015, 07:19 AM)Eyliana Wrote: I feel you! Currently going through the same thing. At the moment I'm following the Loomis approach and that seems to be working out to get at least the basic proportions of the head right. Perspective on the features of the face are sometimes still difficult. Proko has a lot of on constructing the head and the features and how they relate to each other. I find it hard to see what goes wrong for you (I can't even see it in my own drawings :P), but maybe you can find some tips there.

Yeah I've looked at Proko's stuff too. I'm starting to believe it's the way the shapes and features are approached when drawing a face that deems it realistic or not, something may be off in the way I draw features specifically and it may be your case as well ?  For instance really good caricature artists are able to make something look very realistic even though it looks malformed,namely the way they approach the features. While a cartoonist can rely on standard facial proportions and the way the draw the features specifically makes it look cartoony, even though they are locked into this position of realism it ends up cartoony if the features aren't handled with caution. Perhaps studying features themselves is the way to go, and perhaps it will lead to nothing and I'll start back where I was before with "I hate drawing heads." haha.

Messages In This Thread
Lost on heads - by ChaseNNN - 11-18-2015, 09:05 AM
RE: Lost on heads - by Adam Lina - 11-18-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: Lost on heads - by ChaseNNN - 11-19-2015, 06:14 AM
RE: Lost on heads - by Eyliana - 11-23-2015, 07:19 AM
RE: Lost on heads - by ChaseNNN - 11-24-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: Lost on heads - by Eyliana - 11-24-2015, 04:40 AM
RE: Lost on heads - by ChaseNNN - 11-24-2015, 05:26 AM