Composition issues
ok I'm assuming you want the focus to be the alien standing over the soldier on the left, as you stated you really like that, I'm not an expert in composition but I'll try to help as best I can, someone else may be of much more help than me though but here goes;

Ok so your focal point is the back lit alien, but the biggest problem I see is that the figure on the right is drawing all the attention away from this point and he looks way to happy to be there.

What I'd suggest to clear this up is get rid of this guy altogether and replace him with maybe the back of an alien but just so you can just make out the form, not detailed at all, just so it frames your focal point and adds more sense of impending doom. Then push the dark boarders more into the picture and make the background underneath the light darker. and the light from the background shining onto your focal point more than the rest of the scene.

Then bring detail the alien in front of soldier more, get really intricate, really make the light and dark work on his form, where the light hits most is where you can add very intricate details, to create a sense of of 'this guy is gonna tear the soldier apart with no remorse'.

Hope this is of some help to you as I think you've got the base for a really nice piece here!

Messages In This Thread
Composition issues - by Devil Glonk - 06-23-2012, 06:30 PM
RE: Composition issues - by JonHop - 06-23-2012, 08:31 PM
RE: Composition issues - by Devil Glonk - 06-23-2012, 09:19 PM
RE: Composition issues - by Myriam - 06-26-2012, 09:22 PM
RE: Composition issues - by Devil Glonk - 06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
RE: Composition issues - by Saraiza - 06-26-2012, 11:28 PM
RE: Composition issues - by Devil Glonk - 06-27-2012, 12:49 AM
RE: Composition issues - by JonHop - 06-27-2012, 10:10 PM