Visual perception
Hello there.

I've recently started to inquire laws of composition and visual perception. Since I wrote a master thesis on brand management, I knew a little bit of theory of how marketing visuals should be constructed in order to draw attention, but I wasn't quite smart enough to implement it in my paintings (at least till recently). I've been analyzing how I perceive images lately and I'm slowly gathering knoweldge on the topic.

I'd be very thankful if you helped me out a bit. Below I have a small experiment. Please follow the guidelines.

1. Below are 2 images I've painted recently - Image A and Image B ( which is a mirrored version of image A).

I would like you to look at them one after another and remember your eyeflow - by that I mean places where your eye looked at first, then the place it moved next and next till your mind 'grasped' full image.

2. Please click on the spoiler button to view Image A [It may load slowly so better click and immediately close your eyes for 2 or so seconds]

3. Please write down your eyeflow. (You can just write down names of things you've seen according to the order you've seen them)

4. Close the spoiler by clicking on the button once more. Then close your eyes for one second, "empty your mind" and click on the second spoiler button to view Image B.

5. Write down your eyeflow.

Thank You a lot!

If you have some thoughts you'd like to share, please feel free to do so (for example which one do you like better).
Also, if you've wrote down what I've asked for you can see a bonus:
I may not be around till monday, so thank you in advance for response.

Messages In This Thread
Visual perception - by Piotr Jasielski - 09-28-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: Visual perception - by JonHop - 09-28-2012, 07:01 AM
RE: Visual perception - by Vigil - 09-30-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: Visual perception - by eZTarg8 - 10-16-2012, 03:44 AM
RE: Visual perception - by Piotr Jasielski - 10-16-2012, 08:08 PM