So the journey begins...
Well, this is kind of embarrassing... Doh
7 years later.
I never followed through with this sketchbook, or with any meaningful practice and studies.. I don't think I've made any visible progress during these past 7 years actually.
Well, I did technically become a "professional" since I'm currently working full time as a freelance illustrator, working mostly on children's books. I've also worked for a couple of local art studios during these years and I have my very own website: aleksejkostovski.art. Lol.

But I'm still winging it and I never really got to an "industry standard" level, which was my goal at the time and still is. So I consider that a failure from my part. I literally wasted these past 7-8 years when I feel I could've achieved so much more.  

What inspired me to get back here was Dave's recent tweet about his past paintings when he said he had used to do a lot of realistic rendering but later had decided to change his approach a bit.
He referred to those paintings as from a long time ago. To me it feels like that was yesterday. I was following his sketchbook on conceptart.org and I remember being so inspired watching him grow as an artist. I literally watched his amazing progress as it was happening, while I stayed at the same level and still to this day I can't even dream to paint like he did back then. That's crazy to me, like I got stuck in time.

I don't think I will ever be at his level though. That's not the point. The point is that I failed myself and I didn't give it my all, I never went all in and I'm always starting and then stopping. I'd give everything to go back in 2013 again and never stop. To anyone reading this that's just starting out, remember to never, ever stop once you set your mind on something. Never procrastinate. You'll only waste time you'll never be able to get back.

So I'm back on the forum and I'll try to stick with a daily studying/drawing/practicing schedule. I'm currently going through "Fun With a Pencil" by Loomis. So here are the last few pages of that. And the last illustration I did. Thanks for reading and I'll see you around  Thumbs_up

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: userbar_ninja.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
So the journey begins... - by nE0n1nja - 10-04-2012, 03:46 AM
RE: So the journey begins... - by nE0n1nja - 10-05-2012, 05:17 AM
RE: So the journey begins... - by Warburton - 10-05-2012, 07:23 AM
RE: So the journey begins... - by nE0n1nja - 10-06-2012, 08:31 AM
RE: So the journey begins... - by iCi - 10-06-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: So the journey begins... - by nE0n1nja - 10-04-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: So the journey begins... - by smrr - 10-05-2013, 12:17 AM
RE: So the journey begins... - by nE0n1nja - 12-17-2020, 04:43 AM
RE: So the journey begins... - by Zorrentos - 12-17-2020, 05:10 AM