Good art schools and/or classes?
The question is - is your goal to make a career in illustration/concept art (and make your parents happy in the end) or to please your parents for the next few years while wasting your time in a crappy school?

Believe me I know your pain. I got a master degree last year at one of the 3 best universities in my country and with my abilities I could probably get a pretty nice job. My parents weren't very happy to hear I'm not going to look for a job because I want to shut myself in a cave and paint for the whole day, everyday in order to make a career in a completely inane business.

It took some time to make them realize I'm not just wasting my time and that my effort will be profitable soon.

If you need a real plan then make one, put it on the fridge so everyone could see:
6 AM -wake up, eat, exercise
7 am - pencils - gestures etc.
8 am - watching/ reading tutorials, browsing art wabsites
9 am - study
11am - compositions
Meal break
1pm - doodling
2pm - study
3pm - personal piece
5pm - meal
6pm - anything from the above
7pm - personal piece
11pm - sleeep

"BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS. I LOVE YOU MOMMY AND DADDY"

Just an example. You can personalize your plan, but everyone should see, you're not wasting your time.

I would probably advise to get a part time job and gather some money for a workshop or full year diploma at FZD school.

Messages In This Thread
Good art schools and/or classes? - by LaleAnn - 10-16-2012, 06:01 PM
RE: Good art schools and/or classes? - by LaleAnn - 10-16-2012, 10:10 PM
RE: Good art schools and/or classes? - by Piotr Jasielski - 10-17-2012, 12:20 AM
RE: Good art schools and/or classes? - by LaleAnn - 10-17-2012, 02:10 AM
RE: Good art schools and/or classes? - by Anmaril - 10-20-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: Good art schools and/or classes? - by LaleAnn - 10-23-2012, 03:13 AM
RE: Good art schools and/or classes? - by Anmaril - 10-25-2012, 12:08 AM