Mech, seeking a critique :)
DarioJ covered most of the elements that I was going to mention. The shadows are really whats hurting this a lot. The light source is indicating a very strong light but the shadows on the mech don't represent how strong that light source is which is making it very flat. There are also a few strange lighting issues in the shadow side. For instance. The left legs of the mech are being represented in the light but they should be in the shadows themselves. Only the tops of the legs would be getting light from how it's positioned.

Now that we've beat the shadow issue down a bit more the other thing is the complexity of the mech. It's much too simple. I've got a few samples of machinery on my site here if you want to take a look. They are all royalty free images I took, use them as you wish. My point though, look at the joint hinge on the mech, it would be held on with one small bolt? Here is a small tractors hinge: clickie! The tractor seems much more durable for battle than the ball with one bolt.

Your design is good though. It does seem like something that could possibly exist. I think if you go back in and update some of those issues you will have a very strong piece in the end. Make sure you reference large guns, machinery, and armor and get a little of all that in. Remember to make the mechs world our world and we will believe it. Good start, I'd like to see the changes if you make them!

www.AdamMiconi.com
blog.adammiconi.com
Facebook.com/AdamMiconi
Twitter.com/AdamMiconi

Messages In This Thread
Mech, seeking a critique :) - by Jaik - 11-06-2012, 07:09 AM
RE: Mech, seeking a critique :) - by DarioJ. - 11-08-2012, 07:28 AM
RE: Mech, seeking a critique :) - by AdamMiconi - 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM
RE: Mech, seeking a critique :) - by Jaik - 11-09-2012, 08:55 AM
RE: Mech, seeking a critique :) - by AdamMiconi - 11-09-2012, 09:10 AM
RE: Mech, seeking a critique :) - by DarioJ. - 11-10-2012, 09:00 AM