Help me Anatomy!
(12-03-2012, 09:36 PM)JonHop Wrote: I think you'd do well to find some reference pictures of men or even monkeys swinging from vines and compare the body and muscles to your image. At the moment it's not conveying that he is swinging on a vine it looks more like he is standing pulling on a church bell intensely. Also the foreshortening of his left arm (one holding the vine) seems off, as does his general body position. So if I were you I'd probably get some reference of monkeys swinging and do some studies ( mostly just quick sketches) to capture the way that a body would move when swinging from vine to vine.

I'm not trying to sound harsh or be overly critical but I think your finished piece would benefit in the end if you get the correct framework down first. Hope thats of some help to you.

Thanks for the tips! But he isn't really swinging! This character infact is half man, half tree and he's holding a staff! I've already changed some stuff on him! As soon as I progress with it, I'll post here!
I'll difinitly be looking for some references!

Messages In This Thread
Help me Anatomy! - by Markdotea - 12-03-2012, 07:22 AM
RE: Help me Anatomy! - by JonHop - 12-03-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: Help me Anatomy! - by Markdotea - 12-04-2012, 01:19 AM
RE: Help me Anatomy! - by Ursula Dorada - 12-04-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: Help me Anatomy! - by Markdotea - 12-10-2012, 12:12 AM