Lizardman's art journey to glory!
Quote: I'm going back to rendering in Photoshop, any good tutorials that you might recommend to someone looking to get back into it?

Hey Lizardman, I decided to post my reply here rather than my thread.

I go back to this video when I try to remember how to paint: https://youtu.be/cCVorifCKw8?t=4193
I go back to this blog post when I get a general art amnesia: http://karlaortizart.blogspot.com/2013/0...ocess.html

I pretty much use the same thing as her. One textured brush in full opacity and around 25-40% flow as my workhorse brush (I tinkered one of Ilya Kuvshinov's brushes if I do remember it correctly) and a normal hard round with full opacity and flow that's close to a hundred to paint or smoothen things around. Sometimes, I use a different textured brush in some pieces just because I like to explore while I do them.

I stared at a lot of John Singer Sargent's paintings. I read Alla Prima by Richard Schmidt. Book is a bit on the pricey side, but I believe there's a pirated pdf copy floating out there on the Internet.

Hmm.. I don't really have a general tip since I'm still working on it myself, but I think I can credit Amit for setting me on this way of thinking about painting. He said something about planning your brush strokes before you slap them on the canvas. The way I interpret it now is to try and have the maximum amount of information given the least amount of brush strokes. 

Of course, I tend to fall by the wayside just because I tend to over-render sometimes. But that, I guess, is what's fun about doing this thing we're doing.

So much for my long winded answer. Best of luck. Glad to see you are back at it again.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by Izzual - 07-15-2013, 07:14 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by John - 03-05-2017, 01:13 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by 879 - 11-18-2019, 07:23 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by 879 - 11-19-2019, 04:31 PM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by John - 11-23-2019, 01:33 AM
RE: Lizardman's art journey to glory! - by wld.89 - 12-11-2020, 05:31 AM