MrBeast's Long Way of Learning Digital Painting [C+C wanted]
Studying all the time is sometimes discouraging and you lose your motivation from time to time, when those times comes around, i stop my studying and trying to focus on imaginative works, applying what I've been studying is essential of course. Though, this may differ from person to person, but, you should try some imaginative work.

I noticed you've captured the metal texture quite well, maybe it's time to test yourself and try draw some metal objects from imagination?

Also, there's so much more to study than boring objects and textures, like anatomy, form, color etc. I strongly suggest reading James Gurney's blog, or if you want to, buy his book "Color and Light", I've read it several times and I still keep finding golden tips and tricks.

But whatever you do, don't give up. The hard work will pay off one day. And above all, have fun.

Oh and I forgot, don't just study for the sake of studying. Study something that really matters, like mentioned above by AaronJordan, construction, form, shape etc is all important. You do want to build a strong foundation before trying the advanced stuff.

Like how objects act in 3D space, for that, simple perspective practice will do the trick. You want that strong foundation, sooner or later, you'll have to visit the boring studies anyway, better go there sooner than later.

There are tons of tips and tricks we can say to you, but in the end, it's all up to you, if these suggestions are too confusing, just think about what you suck at the most, and then practice it, then move on to the next thing you suck at.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MrBeast's Long Way of Learning Digital Painting - by MrBeast - 01-15-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: MrBeast's Long Way of Learning Digital Painting - by MrBeast - 01-17-2013, 07:08 AM
RE: MrBeast's Long Way of Learning Digital Painting [C+C wanted] - by Mythtaken - 01-18-2013, 08:40 AM