Creature concept paintover/critique please!
I would spend some more time drawing some animal extremities. I don't intend to come off as rude, seriously, try studying some animals and lizards, and really focus on the musculature, ligaments and bones. These kinds of things get stored in your brain, which you ought to treat like a visual hard-drive, and the more you study something, the more you can recreate it. The same goes for drawing the boring bits, you know, those still lifes no one REALLY likes doing. Thing is, when you paint a still life, the information regarding light and shadow, as well as form and composition, gets loaded into that same visual harddrive I mentioned earlier. I'm not saying completely ditch drawing the fun stuff. No, because then its not fun to draw if all you do is study. Just add some studies to your daily routine. My suggestions would be to look at hyenas, german shepherds, dogs to get an idea how they move, run, etc. That will inform you about this piece. Go to reddit's gore section to look at how skin flays off the body (sucks, but...reference is god).

I apologize if it seems like I went off on a tangent.
I like the idea, otherwise I wouldn't have spilled my schpiel.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creature concept paintover/critique please! - by Markdotea - 01-30-2013, 12:24 AM
RE: Creature concept paintover/critique please! - by jake4nd3rs0n - 02-03-2013, 04:43 AM