How many sketchbooks do you have?
So I think online sketchbooks are pretty kick ass. It's tough to find another place where it's almost expected that people will post their less than stellar work as well as their proud pieces. The feedback, the community, making friends, it's all awesome.

I've had a sketchbook on conceptart.org for a while and recently after I became serious in art I started uploading stuff regularly. Actually since I couldn't get into art pre-wacom my CA sketchbook is pretty much everything I've done. It's like my art history. Which is great because later when I'm a professional artist (pls cross your fingers) it will be a nice road map.

The thing is, as i'm sure lots of you know, CA has tons of good people and amazing artists but it's not a very stable site and there are some aspects about it i'm not thrilled with. Due to some downtime issues and whatnot I spent a few hours last month porting my whooole sketchbook over to CGhub which looks pretty big and glitzy. I got interested in participating here at Crismon Daggers after listening to a few artist interviews. I can't see porting my whole sketchbook here also, and anything I post here I would also update back at my main book.

I'm just curious how other people think about their sketchbooks at all the different forums. I know probably lots of people started traditionally with pencil and paper and might be less attached to their digital books.

Cheers all!

Messages In This Thread
How many sketchbooks do you have? - by vices - 04-10-2013, 05:02 PM
RE: How many sketchbooks do you have? - by JonHop - 04-10-2013, 08:10 PM