Flyer Vehicle Designs
Yeah I like that one better for two reasons...It's a bit more finished, but also it is recognisable in function and design. Out of your last designs, I prefer the middle one only because it is the most obvious what it is..I like the lines in the others but they are basically just random floating things at the moment. I don't really know if they are ships or futuristic vacuum cleaners or what.
Design is supposed to be functional as well as visually appealing, so I guess make it clearer what the thing you are designing is or at least give more indications.

About presentation being more important than the concept, I actually think the opposite is true. The concept and the design is way more important, you just have to make sure you don't shortchange your concept with poor presentation, that's all. Pretty much any monkey can eventually learn to render well given enough time, but not everyone can come up with great ideas. Combining the two is where the magic happnes :D.

With that last one, the values are nice overall, just a quick crit, that it seems like you are hovering a little between a very graphical stylised treatment such as in the legs and a slightly more realistic finish for the body. I'd say you'd need to apply similar styles across the board or it may look a tiny bit disjoint and even unfinished. It's not a hugely noticeable thing but just something to keep in mind maybe. It's also looking very clean, so you could think about adding some weathering in places, just to ground it in reality a bit. Depends what you want really, but Scott Robertson (again) has an awesome technique for weathering you should check it out if you haven't seen them before.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Flyer Vehicle Designs - by Littleteapot - 05-04-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: Flyer Vehicle Designs - by Amit Dutta - 05-04-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: Flyer Vehicle Designs - by Littleteapot - 05-05-2013, 05:22 AM
RE: Flyer Vehicle Designs - by Amit Dutta - 05-05-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: Flyer Vehicle Designs - by Littleteapot - 05-08-2013, 01:29 AM