Does constructive critic really works?
I believe it's good etiquette to simply ask the artist if he/she wishes to recieve critique or not before giving it, and I definately agree that there is never any reason to be an asshole, unless you are close to the person and they have let you know they respond well to insults haha. From what I see most of the time artists will say if they want critiques when posting their work, and it can then be assumed that they have no problem with people pointing out the errors made.

I definately think getting critique accelerates your progress, people will point out things that you otherwise wouldn't see yourself until a month later, because you were so happy that you got that foot or lightning or whatever right that you didn't see all the mistakes that were made :-) As soon as someone tells you what's wrong you snap out of the spell and become aware of the problems.
I feel it's important to once in a while get some confirmation of your progress though, and I agree that a critique should never be just a list of faults, but successful elements should be pointed out as well!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does constructive critic really works? - by SpectreX - 06-06-2013, 08:32 PM
RE: Does constructive critic really works? - by Simonarpalmer - 06-18-2013, 01:40 AM