Soooo, crit please?
Nah man, it's all good, it is up to you to pick and choose what you think will suit your current state of development, and what you enjoy doing as well. All the crit and suggestions are more about what I see in your current stage compared to where you say you want to go, and maybe bringing in some insight into "fast tracking" you based on my own experiences. Though there isn't really a fasttrack.
Only you yourself can actually come to the particular realisations and learnings through your own experience, no matter how much someone tells you about stuff. Every bit of painting teaches you things and trying to do your best on a painting is never a bad thing. The reason I and Javier mentioned the thumbs is because sooner or later if you intend on doing this as a career, you WILL have to get comfortable with doing them and integrating them into your workflow. It's not a maybe, it's a must because it establishes and solves all the main problems up front early on in the process and gives clients a sense of what you are driving at, so you may as well get started on good habits eh?
I will say though, the one reason people harp on about focusing on fundamentals, is because no matter how good you are those fundamentals never end up being any less important. The only real difference between an accomplished artist and a newbie is in the depth of understanding how to apply the fundamentals well and maybe a few more technique tricks up their sleeve, but those are definitely of lessor importance in the long run. :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
Soooo, crit please? - by lake7less - 07-06-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: Soooo, crit please? - by JavierP - 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Soooo, crit please? - by lake7less - 07-10-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: Soooo, crit please? - by Amit Dutta - 07-10-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Soooo, crit please? - by lake7less - 07-10-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: Soooo, crit please? - by Amit Dutta - 07-10-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Soooo, crit please? - by lake7less - 07-11-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: Soooo, crit please? - by Amit Dutta - 07-11-2013, 05:47 AM
RE: Soooo, crit please? - by lake7less - 07-11-2013, 08:02 AM
RE: Soooo, crit please? - by Amit Dutta - 07-11-2013, 05:55 PM