Sci-Fi Character opinions needed!
(07-21-2013, 10:59 PM)Ward217 Wrote: Hey!
Cool ideas behind this for sure, but there are a few things that jump out at me a bit, so heres my humble opinion:
The first thing that hits me is the spaulder on our right. It looks way oversized and very cumbersome, and it isnt clear how the arm fits into it- it just seems to blend.
It also goes behind the leg which looks a bit weird, as you end up asking yourself how far back it is.
Have a look at this: http://halowiki.net/images/b/bb/Security...nfobox.jpg
I think thats the kind of look you were going for?
I'd recommend getting rid of the third block down on our right (next to the elbow), and downscaling the rest a bit. I really like the oversized juggernaut feel to this guy, but the armour has to be practical as well- you try walking around in steel moon-boots the size of your head! I downscaled those a bit too.
My paintover really sucks but i hope you get the gist of what i was trying to say.
Also the helmet seemed a bit too tall for my liking- maybe its just a personal artistic view but i just scribbled down a quick suggestion of the kinda path i'd take it. I also changed the arm so that its doing something other than hanging awkwardly- always try to nail the pose and anatomy before you start rendering (as I am told myself!).

Anyway- those are my thoughts though I'd take them with a pinch of salt seeing as I'm not exactly a fantastic artist myself. I really look forward to seeing where you take this! All the best,
Wardy.

ps. dont feel bad about getting 'shit' from mates about your art- if it constructive crit then thank them for it, if its just bitching then its not worth listening ;)

Hey! Thanks a lot!
This helps so much!

Messages In This Thread
Sci-Fi Character opinions needed! - by KRNFLKS - 07-21-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Sci-Fi Character opinions needed! - by Wardy - 07-21-2013, 10:59 PM
RE: Sci-Fi Character opinions needed! - by KRNFLKS - 07-21-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: Sci-Fi Character opinions needed! - by Wardy - 07-22-2013, 01:17 AM