Crab Character Critique
Yea nice! Looks better. I would've went to town with the rim lights but I think it looks good the way you did it subtly around the face. It comes down to preference :)

The face still feels a bit tacked on to me. Take a look at this picture, maybe what I'm saying might make more sense.
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013...ers-58.jpg

Notice how the little barnacles and stuff growing on him also change the shape of his face, like they're pulling on his skin in some places, and they cast shadows/have occluded shadows and so on. You started doing something similar in your more recent revision around the top left of him, but I think what's really holding that "infused" feeling back is that really stark cast shadow on his face. Its pushing the face back and the helmet forward and making it look more like a helmet and less like a part of him. You might want to throw in some fill light there to reduce that distance a bit, but make sure to keep an occluded shadow.

As far as quality goes for the most part I can see this in an applibot work. The rendering around the torso and the arms is nice and convincing, but its really the face that doesn't work for me.

Hope that helps

Messages In This Thread
Crab Character Critique - by Zachary McLean - 07-30-2013, 08:57 AM
RE: Crab Character Critique - by Patrick Gaumond - 07-30-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: Crab Character Critique - by Zachary McLean - 07-31-2013, 01:53 AM
RE: Crab Character Critique - by Patrick Gaumond - 07-31-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: Crab Character Critique - by Zachary McLean - 08-16-2013, 02:47 AM