character concept help
If you want to do concept art, you should do tons and tons of iterations. Small silhouettes, or thumbnails or scribbles. Don't try color before you found stuff you like. I have a sketchbook just for thumbnails and concepts and I can draw 15-20 designs of a simple LAMP before settling on one I like. Doing characters is even more complex. You should do studies of actual hobos and punks, then concept characters. Maybe several heads, loads of costumes. The rendering isn't important until you have a good CONCEPT. The first thing you pull out of your rear end is rarely a good or original concept.

Then, when you are ready to put all of your concepts together, draw the figure with an anatomy that makes sense BEFORE putting clothes on them. Here it looks like you drew the hood and then drew the face inside so the head is too small for his body. One day you will be able to draw the figure from your head, but for now, use reference. Maybe have someone take pics of you as you try to hold the pose or as you act like the character would.

Messages In This Thread
character concept help - by Novaking - 07-30-2013, 05:19 PM
RE: character concept help - by NRAG - 08-01-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: character concept help - by darktiste - 08-01-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: character concept help - by JonHop - 08-01-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: character concept help - by Michael Syrigos - 08-05-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: character concept help - by ChantalFournier - 08-06-2013, 08:42 AM