Help with tablets
About to start using Tablets for the first time and need advice...

I've colored for years, and did so in comics for a long time just before everything converted to digital coloring so I was producing color guides and did Blue Line jobs (in fact that change was one of the things that forced me out of the business, I didnt have the money to keep up with the technology change) - some here will recognize the terms and the processes. I have been coloring digitally in Photoshop for a long time but never made the change to using a tablet. But I know I have reached the limits both in effect and speed that I can achieve with just a mouse. A buddy is giving me his bamboo so I can see if I can transition to the new tool before plunking down huge $$$ on a Cintiq or even an Intuos (although I can see how a Cintiq would be easier for me since my skill has been "direct" drawing surface.

So I can make progress in the most efficient manner and avoid getting discouraged what do you folks recommend? I hope to move from just coloring and cleaning my illustrations (Scans) and digital designs to doing more complex work and digital painting and sketching.

I Had a tiny Wacom touch pad many years ago, the sensitivity was lousy and I got discouraged pretty quickly because I couldn't seem to achieve anything usable or get comfortable with the tool. The feeling was like trying to use a charcoal stick to produce a technical illustration.

So what do you folks recommend?

Thanks!
~TFO

Messages In This Thread
Help with tablets - by oconnortf - 08-08-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: Help with tablets - by Madzia - 08-08-2013, 05:15 PM
RE: Help with tablets - by dirksteele - 08-08-2013, 07:31 PM