Help with tablets
I agree, practice will make you soon realise what your preference is and just generally improve your hand-eye coordination on a tablet (which takes patience). The important thing with a tablet is to give it time, you won't be great on it to begin with because it's a whole new way of working to get used to. I think most of us would love to draw directly on a Cintiq but the price and the practicality (ie. they are heavy as heck and cause some people eye and back strain) is too much for some!

Whichever tablet you settle on, after a time if it feels right then it's the right one for you. I use an A5 Intuos 3 at work which I think is discontinued now, but I love it so much that I luckily managed to find one on eBay for a steal and bought one for home use. Before that I tried a Bamboo at home and it was fine, but the pen was too small for me (I have large hands) so I upgraded. I have mine set up so that only a small portion of the drawing surface corresponds with my monitor, which I find the easiest way to paint as I don't have to move my hand so much. Hence, I don't need an A3 one which is cool because they are more expensive!

A Bamboo may well suit your needs, I did some paintings on it before I upgraded. In short, a super expensive tablet with a massive surface and loads of touch buttons / hot keys won't make you a better painter. In my experience they're all similar in terms of sensitivity and surface, with the only difference between my Bamboo and the Intuos 3 being that the Bamboo had a slightly rougher drawing surface.

Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
Help with tablets - by oconnortf - 08-08-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: Help with tablets - by Madzia - 08-08-2013, 05:15 PM
RE: Help with tablets - by dirksteele - 08-08-2013, 07:31 PM