seeking crit !!
This is nice. I like what brianjohnson did with values to get the contrast between the face and upper part less separated, but not sure i like the angry expression. Overall the picture has no purpose and is just a face, so maybe add a bit of narrative...is she drowning, is she some sort of water witch....it's all about the expression here, so make it count and tell the story. Maybe there could be some floating necklace or pendant or something that adds something else to focus on. Rendering wise that big light stripe down her face is a bit strange, if you're going to go impressionistic maybe go a bit more abstract in your overlay forms. Not sure what that shape on the right of her face is. It's a bit distracting.
I think you should push the composition even further by using her hair to drive it even more. Define the forms in her hair with some highlighting and use the fact that she is in water to create some interest in how it interacts. You could do some really nice playing with values and depth between floating masses of hair to give more of a sense of the environment as well as make the comp more interesting.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
seeking crit !! - by gumby - 08-11-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: seeking crit !! - by brianjohnson - 08-12-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: seeking crit !! - by Amit Dutta - 08-12-2013, 10:37 PM
RE: seeking crit !! - by brianjohnson - 08-13-2013, 01:01 AM