Industrial Design or Visual Arts
(09-20-2013, 02:11 AM)Darqjakob Wrote: Sounds like you already know the answer. You clearly want to do visual over industrial. And it sounds like visual will give you a stronger base for most kinds of concept art.

jaja yeah I think Im leaning more towards visual arts, I just don't know if that's the best for me, my father says "it would be easier for you to learn and practice art on you own or with online classes to complement design, than learning design outside of school"

Thanks for the help! :D

(09-20-2013, 03:44 AM)darktiste Wrote: Budget calculations and legislation those thing can be boring but if you plan to be a freelance artist that might be be a great oportunity to expand what you don't know yet about the art industry
it not all about art you know you got client deadline contract and you need to make money with it etc... so by saying i dont like it i think you express a fear about something(it a challenge to do something out of the confort zone and it rewarding to be able to find away to enjoy something that you do like).So i just want to be clear i don't know what is the best for you.So it think you should first try to look at the video i link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3hJcnWKezk

i am gonna add more in a few second

wow, thanks a lot that's a whole new perspective I hadn't considered, and loved the video, I hadn't thought of also that by studying industrial design I can learn about materials' physical properties and applications for future designs, not just the aesthetic/appearance part
thanks you very much!
Today I'll decide which one I prefer after reading and pondering all answers, so far it's close but know Im excited about both of them! xD

Messages In This Thread
Industrial Design or Visual Arts - by Castaguer - 09-20-2013, 01:17 AM
RE: Industrial Design or Visual Arts - by Darqjakob - 09-20-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: Industrial Design or Visual Arts - by Castaguer - 09-20-2013, 03:45 AM
RE: Industrial Design or Visual Arts - by eru - 10-01-2013, 04:32 PM