Ironing out bad habits, Naruto Portrait
Howdy,

Back with an update, after seeing your paint over and what you described the issues started standing out to me. Other than the hair it mostly looks like a series of small errors that have led to an larger problem and I know I am prone to small errors. First when you said the angle of the head was off from the face it kind of caught me when you said it looked like a little less than 3/4 when what I was going for was more like just a little turn from from center. I believe the nose, the shape of the right side of his head and his left eye to be big causes of this. Also I undone the left over anime style to his eyes, over sizing them apparently just doesn't work, holding to style may have worked with Bowser since he is a monster anyway but Naruto being human it just stood out too much as an oddity. Hair, once again I was sticking too closely to the anime drawings of him and not taking enough liberties to make it real, hopefully it is working a lot better now. Still need to work on the muddy textures and the head band is still a bit warped from adjusting it but hopefully this is much more on the right track physically.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ironing out bad habits, Naruto Portrait - by JamesMabe - 12-06-2013, 02:35 PM