Monster Hunter Fan Art . Need critique. (First Time posting)
Heya, just some quick bullet points, because I don't have time. This tends to come off as rude, so I'm not trying to be.

- The composition really isn't working. It is too centred with the head in the middle, the character cut off at the knees, lots of empty space in top half. Suggest referencing card art for good comps.
- The anatomy is still broken, torso at strange angle to hips, waist too high, arms not in proportion, no neck.
- You are clearly scared of losing your rendering. Don't be. You'll learn more if you get it right by building your fundamentals properly.

I'm going to suggest the hard message of starting from scratch and drawing the figure properly in proportion and perspective. Fix the comp at the same time. Don't move on to rendering until the figure is right. Do lots of thumbnails. Post them in here or as a new crit post so you can get feedback at that stage. You aren't quite ready to get crit on rendering only. Fundamentals are where it's at.
Hope that helps.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monster Hunter Fan Art . Need critique. (First Time posting) - by Amit Dutta - 12-23-2013, 08:40 PM